Friday, 20 February 2009

Ran out of good


I have a long ride home from Dublin on the bus every night, and the Girl is always happy to see me. Tonight she was feeling restless and contrary, however, even though she had been well-behaved all day.

“Sweetie, I need you to be good just a little bit longer,” I said.

“But I ran out of good,” she said seriously. “All the good ran out of me, and all the badness ran in.”

Photo: Another water picture: the Girl standing next to the canal locks near our home.

3 comments:

coldstream63 said...

I love the simplistic honesty the little ones sometimes have. Grownups would do well to tap into that from time to time and practice it themselves.

Thurman said...

If only we could all remain as honest and open as children, the world would be a much better place for all.

Anonymous said...

I am hoping that the two of you will soon write your first book together! How the world needs your shared wisdom. And of course your love. -Adele