Sunday, 11 January 2009

Pretending


Sorry for the light posting -- I've been laid up with the flu.

One recent night, my daughter proposed that we -- I am not making this up -- pretend to be continental landmasses and call each other on the phone.

"Hello, Africa? Are you there?" she said into her pinky finger. Yes, who is this? I said.

"This is India -- how are you doing today, Africa?" she said. I'm fine, I said -- a little ticklish from the elephants and zebras walking on me.

"I have hot weather today, and I have elephants too, and women who wear bindis!" she said. And so on.

She is just nine different kinds of awesome.

3 comments:

Will Conley said...

This post, Brian, is nine different kinds of awesome. I love the blog title too. I've been skimming you since you email blasted me a couple months back, and have enjoyed it very much! - Will Conley, former canvasser with the Ken Pentel for Governor Campaign, Twin Cities, 2002.

Motherhood for the Weak said...

That is pretty awesome!

I look forward to the same awesomeness once the babeola starts talking.

Tell me, what do you use to sweep up the puddle of your heart off the floor?

M

Robin said...

That is the kind of mind-blowing originality that most adults would love to possess. Such a beautiful and sweet and open and creative mind - lucky you getting to share days with such a creature!

What a great blog post.